A common problem experienced by off-road enthusiasts is inadequate storage space in their 4WDs. As such, their boot spaces are often crammed thus, they have difficulties retrieving their items. 4WD drawer systems are an instant solution to this problem. The drawers are installed in your vehicle's rear to help you organise your items and increase the available storage space. Below is an excerpt discussing the considerations to make when purchasing and installing a 4WD drawer system in your off-road truck.
Drawer Size And Configuration
The drawer size and configuration will be determined by your vehicle's storage space and your current storage needs. For instance, people that go for short trips or those with trailer or roof storage may not require a lot of storage space. Therefore, they could opt for horizontal storage drawers. These drawers are a preferable option since they won't obstruct your rear and still leave room to store items that cannot be stored in the drawers. There is a wide range of options for people that need a lot of storage space. Other than installing vertical drawers, you could also remove the back seats of your SUV and install drawer systems.
Below are some essential drawer features to consider:
- The drawers should have compartments to allow you to store your items. For instance, some could come with customised sections to keep your guns or repair equipment such as wheel spanners and jacks.
- Consider removable drawer systems. Remember, you may need to clean the drawers or sell your truck.
- The drawers should be made from durable materials such as stainless steel. You need a drawer that can withstand bumpy, rough terrain. Go for weather-resistant drawers if you intend to install the drawers on your pickup truck.
- If you want to carry your fridge, consider drawers that have fridge mounts.
- The drawers must have security locks to prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your items.
- Consider drawer systems that are crash tested to withstand accidents. It ensures that things in the storage drawer will not injure occupants in case of an accident.
Conduct some research on 4WD blogs and forums to identify companies that make 4WD drawer systems. Assess the durability of the company's products by checking internet reviews on the company's website, Google My Business listing and social media pages. Do not purchase products without a warranty or a guarantee. If possible, visit the company's premises and ask them to install the drawer.
You should now have an easy time purchasing 4WD drawer systems. Determine the drawer size, configuration, and features. Besides, buy the product from reputable manufacturers.